Lecturer and Assistant Chair (Admissions and Outreach)
School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
Office : N4-02b-45
Phone : +65 6790 4587
I am interested in teaching Cryptology and Data Science to Computer Science students, at both undergraduate and graduate levels. I am also interested in teaching any core or cross-discipline course in Computer Science
undergraduate level. While I love teaching laboratory-based courses in Programming, my passion lies in teaching Discrete Mathematics, Number Theory, Algebra and Linear Algebra to Computer Science students.
I have taught more than a dozen different courses at various levels of Computer Science and Mathematics. Since 2014, I have designed most of the courses that I have taught.
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Network Security in Practice : Fundamentals of Network Security -- SkillsFuture Series on Cyber Security, Nanyang Technopreneurship Centre, NTU -- Sep 2020
- Fundamentals of Cyber Security : Applied Cryptography -- SkillsFuture Series on Cyber Security, Nanyang Technopreneurship Centre, NTU -- Aug 2020
- Introduction to Data Science (basic) -- Top AI Skills to Learn
(SkillsFuture), Centre for Professional and Continuing Education, NTU -- Nov 2019, Mar 2020
- Blockchain and its Impact on Business -- Module on Leadership 4.0, Nanyang Executive MBA Programme,
Nanyang Business School, NTU -- Oct 2018, Nov 2019
- What is behind Crypto-Economics? -- Blockchain Innovation Strategy Programme (SkillsFuture), Nanyang Technopreneurship Centre, NTU -- Sep 2018, Apr
Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- AY 2017-2018 S1 -- Computing for Data Sciences -- PGDBA, Year 1
- AY 2016-2017 S2 -- Foundations of Data Science -- MTech CS, Year 1 -- Reading Course
- AY 2016-2017 S1 -- Computing for Data Sciences -- PGDBA, Year 1
- AY 2016-2017 S1 -- Programming and Data Structures Laboratory -- MTech CS, Year 1
- AY 2015-2016 S2 -- Numerical Analysis -- BStat, Year 1
- AY 2015-2016 S1 -- Computing for Data Sciences -- PGDBA, Year 1
- AY 2015-2016 S1 -- Programming and Data Structures Laboratory -- MTech CS, Year 1
- AY 2015-2016 S1 -- Foundations of Data Science -- MTech CS, Year 2 -- Reading Course
- AY 2014-2015 S2 -- Numerical Analysis -- BStat, Year 1 -- Jointly with Prof S Maitra
- AY 2014-2015 S1 -- Introduction to Programming -- MTech CS, Year 1
During 2014-2017, I taught almost every topic in Cryptology and allied disciplines at every short-term certificate course offered at R C Bose Centre for Cryptology and Security, Indian Statistical Institute, targeted at Scientists
from various Govt. of India organizations.
During 2014-2017, I also delivered around 20 instructional lectures in Cryptology and allied fields at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, as a part of almost all short-courses, workshops and project-linked instructional
on Cryptology and Cybersecurity.
Other Academic Institutions
- AY 2016-2017 S2 -- Machine Learning -- MSc DS and MSc CS, RKM Vivekananda Univ., Kolkata
- December 2013 -- Topics in Cryptology — Scientists, Homi Bhaba National Institute, Mumbai
- Summer 2008 -- Algebra for Honours Math — BMath, University of Waterloo, Canada
During 2010-2017, I delivered around 30 invited lectures and instructional talks in Cryptology and allied disciplines at targeted training programs for Scientists and Officers from various Govt. of India organizations, including
Cabinet Secretariat, NTRO, C-DAC, IB, BARC.
During 2010-2017, I delivered around 30 instructional lectures and hands-on workshops on high-school level mathematics, especially focussing on Mathematical Olympiads, at venues like ISI Kolkata, JBNSTS, Narendrapur RK Mission,
Bengal University etc. In addition, I actively organized more than 20 workshops on high-school mathematics for various schools in Kolkata.